Pages

Sunday 12 August 2012

Sunday Social - August 12

Sunday Social
I know I am a bit late but I am linking up again with Neely and Ashley for Sunday Social week ten :)


If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?

I really don't know.  The problem with this question is that no matter how much I like a food I know that if I had to eat only that for the rest of my life I would soon start to hate it.  So... no idea :) 

What's your guilty pleasure/comfort food?

I don't have one ...  Although if I have to choose one probably some kind of chips...


What's the weirdest/craziest thing you've ever eaten?

Well I did eat some tripe in Spain... I did not particularly enjoy it but the Spanish people I was with were super impressed ;)  

What foods do you avoid at all costs?

I am not a very picky eater... but I do try to avoid brussel sprouts and raw onion... I am not a huge fan of  cooked tomato and pepper either.  I love raw tomato and pepper though.

What meal reminds you of your childhood?

A dutch dish called Zuurkool Sofiya... It is totally awesome :)


Share one of your favorite recipes and the story behind it.

Mason Jar Brownies

Layer in 1 quart mason jar:

-1/2 c and 2 tbsp flour
-3/4 tsp salt
-1/3 c cocoa
-1/2 c flour
-2/3 c brown sugar
-2/3 c white sugar
-1/2 c chocolate chips
-1/2 c vanilla chips

When ready to bake, blend jar ingredients in a large bowl.

Stir in:

-1 tsp vanilla 
-2/3 c oil
-3 eggs

Bake in a greased 9x9 pan at 350 for 20- 30 min. 

These are the best brownies ever!  I make them all the time and I love that they are quick and easy to whip up :)  (They also make a great gift... Just give the jar with the dry ingredients and a tag with the rest of the instructions.)

They don't have much of a story that I know of... My mom has been making for as long as I can remember :)


I hope you all had a great Sunday! Did anyone else watch the Closing Ceremonies?  I loved the dancing at the end right before the extinguishing of the flame :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment